Tuesday, April 10

Healthy Eats: H-2-WHOAH!

I already knew I was dehydrated, but apparently an IV is in order. My friend Karen (who's awesome fitness blog will be launching soon!) introduced me to a calculator on fitsugar.com. You can put in your stats and find out how much water and food you need daily based on your activity level. I don't need 8 glasses a day...I need ELEVEN! What the?!?! I don't even have 11 of the same glass for this picture!


New mantra: drink more water. With new mantra in place, any tips for getting ALL THAT WATER down every day?

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm actually really good about drinking water during the week - I drink a gallon a day. But this is easy because I am sitting at a desk all day and my water bottle is right there staring back at me. I am horrible on the weekends when I am around the house and busy - I'm lucky if I get a liter down!

Anonymous said...

How about 3 cups of water and 8 Red Bull?

Seriously though, that was a cool little calculator on her site.

Jenny said...

I try to get a drink every time I walk by the kitchen, and then before I leave the house and when I come back in, that way I remember. And if I'm being really good I try and get a drink after I go to the bathroom. It's really lame when I say it out loud, but it works.

Jessica said...

I used to be so much better about it, but I've become just awful. I barely get 4 glasses in each weekday, and less on the weekends. The best thing I do is chug it. Not to the point of making myself ill of course, but when I go to take a drink I try to take several big drinks together.

Mumsy said...

The thing that has helped me is to get a big water bottle--like a liter size--and fill it up the night before, stick it in the fridge, and pull it out in the morning. If the water is cold and at my hand, I'm more likely to drink it. When that's gone, I do it again. I try to do two a day. That's roughly the amount I am supposed to have.

I try to drink a lot with my meals, too. Oh--and we buy sparkling water a lot, too.