Tuesday, November 13

Thanksgiving Prep: Great Guides!

Today I'd like to share a few helpful Thanksgiving planning guides I've found recently. I usually end up sticking to my own recipes, but once in a while one of these guides will tempt me enough to try something new - and I'm usually happy with the result. :)


First, Real Simple magazine has a nice Thanksgiving menu plan in their November issue. The article is called "Back to Basics Thanksgiving" and it pretty much is just that - good traditional dishes with a little modern twist. And each recipe has variations to tailor to your taste. There was also a super cute decorating idea in the magazine - cut the tops out of mini-pumpkins and use as candlestick holders. They look so cute! Their website is also full of great Thanksgiving tips.

The Real Simple Menu: Classic Roast Turkey, Gravy, Garlicky Green Beans & Pinenuts, Warm Apricot-Cranberry Sauce, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges, Herb Stuffing, Apple Crumb Pie.

Trader Joe's just sent out a mailer that is GREAT. Normally their mailers don't really get me to go buy new things, but this one is geared just towards Thanksgiving and there are a few items I'm definitely going to get. If you have a TJs nearby, try to track down this mailer to see what items will be helpful to you! Trader Joe's always has great products that make it easy to cheat, which is my kind of cooking! :)

Lastly, my friend Meagan sent me a PDF from Williams-Sonoma with a Thanksgiving plan. This plan also looks quite delicious, albeit a bit more gourmet than Real Simple. But I'm sure some of you out there are a bit more gourmet, so this guide is for you! One quick note - some of the recipes call for WS-specific products, which tend to be pricey, but they are always good.

If you've come across any other helpful Thanksgiving guides this year, please share!

No comments: