Friday, August 8

Song of the Week: Jack Johnson

I know you all know I love Jack Johnson and today's post is not news, but I went to his concert this week and it was GREAT. I've seen him a few times before and Jack never disappoints. Seriously, that guy is just cool.

The concert this week was really fun. Zach Gill from ALO played piano/keyboard for all the songs and it added a really great sound to all the music. Loved it. We left the concert before the encore to beat the crazy traffic out of the parking lot, but when we got to the car we could hear Jack singing solo with his guitar. It was quiet except the music. A great way to end the night!

Anyway, here's a link to the new album, Sleep Through the Static. Although, I think Brushfire Fairytales will always be my fave. (click the links to hear samples and/or buy the MP3s)

PS - I almost took Cate to the concert. There were crazy storms that day, though, so ix-nay on the ate-cay. Which was a good thing. For some reason I forgot concerts are LOUD. Cate would have hated the decibel levels, even if it was "Curious George's Daddy" singing to her. :)

2 comments:

kim said...

Jack is definitly one of my favorite people to see in concert--he really is just so cool.

Glad you got to enjoy it!

G. said...

I, too enjoy Jack Johnson's music. It's great to listen to with the kids as well because the lyrics are clean and they like to dance to it. :)