Wednesday, January 31

Introducing... This Week for Dinner!

"What's for dinner?" How many times have I asked myself that question with absolutely no idea what the answer is? (Case in point... it is 4:10 pm right now and I still don't know what we're having tonight.) I don't hate cooking, I hate thinking up what to cook! Solution: meal planning. When I DO actually plan a weekly menu, I cook a lot more, spend less money and am generally a happier person. This blog is an effort to keep myself planning and to get ideas from friends on their weekly menus!

So, here's the plan. I will post my dinner menu weekly, shooting for Sunday nights. I'll try to post a few recipes as well, although this isn't really a recipe site, more of a place to get ideas. Then, hopefully, friends who visit will post comments with THEIR menu for the week (and recipes if they want), providing ME (and everyone else) with some fresh ideas!

Check the archive for my list of meals that I use when planning each week, as well as 3 old menus I put together years ago.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not promising that my menus will be fancy. I like to cook nice dinners, but I also go for classics like sloppy joe and hot dogs from time to time, much to nate's, and maybe even my own, dismay :)

2 comments:

Margo said...

OK, i just saw wine comment so I know you meant Marsala. Now you should try the curry kind:)

Margo said...

Ah, my comment was lost. Anyhow, I too love Joe and like to make his Masala (or other curry) simmer sauces. Dump in a can (yep, can) of chicken and a can of chickpeas, and voila! Chicken Masala.

Serve with pita/naan or rice.