Tuesday, June 12

The Goods: Kettle Bakes Potato Chips

I'm a weirdo. Some of you already know that. But I think this "little known fact" seals the deal: I've never eaten a flavored potato chip, dorito, cheeto, cheese puff, cheese flavored cracker, or flourescent radioactive snack ever. All I have to say is YUCK. You may wonder, how does she know they are "yuck" if she hasn't tried them? I just know it. And besides, why try them and then end up liking them...they're not good for me anyway, so may as well not like them. And no matter how much pleading, begging, tricking or commenting you do, I will not try them.

I WILL eat plain potato chips. That's it - only plain. And usually only with something...like a sandwich. Oh - and I can't really eat a sandwich without potato chips. Are you convinced yet of my weirdo-ness?

I also avoid baked chips and pringles - they too just look "yuck" to me. But I DID give these Kettle Bakes a try and I kinda liked them. They almost have the flavor of homemade french fries, which may sound weird but is good. Anyway, they're yummy. The crazy chip girl has spoken.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

This post saddens me. I love me some jalapeƱo potato chips. And barbecue. And sour cream & onion. And so many more.

Megan said...

Jane, I love these kettle bakes. I just bought my third bag from costco and they satisfy my salty/crunchy/potato-chippy cravings. Michael doesn't touch them (too healthy, I guess) which means I get to enjoy the whole bag to myself. I try to take a couple weeks to eat it, but I'm sure I can get that down to one week.

jane maynard said...

jessica - so funny. I'm sure you're not the only one!

megan - good to know they're at costco. and mike doesn't know what he's missing...but you may as well keep it that way! :)

Ali said...

Hey Jane, since your craving salty, crunchy, french fried things, you should try these, they are the bomb! And, healthier than potato chips. They are called Snapea Crisps made by Calbee. They are basically baked snap peas with salt and oil. They are crunchy and so good, only 8 grams of fat per 22 pieces! They have them at TJs and Ralphs, Henry's too.

Gravecall said...

I tried safeway's 'Popchips' recently and the corn variety leaves much to be desired but the plain potato chips are really excellent - the flavor is right there, better than any other baked chip i have tried.

AnGeLiCbOrIs said...

You can always try the Kettle Bakes BBQ chips. They are healthy and oh-so yummy.