Friday, March 21

Easter Plans

What a neglectful food blogger I've been! Easter is a mere 2 days away and I've barely breathed a word about it. And, to be honest, I still have no idea what we're doing for our Easter menu on Sunday...that's what the last minute is for, right? :)

Since I'm not providing any helpful information, I'll guide you to my menu from last year (click!). And, if you haven't already posted your Easter feast plans on this week's Menu (which many of you have - thank you!), please leave a comment on this post telling us what you'll be cooking and/or eating on Sunday! Again, I'm relying on YOU for the inspiration. And please share recipes if you have them!

Now, have a Cadbury Mini Egg on me!


Wait! I just remembered...I want to share a quick recipe with you. Reader Michelle posted this last year for Easter - SUPER EASY, SUPER DELISH. There, I feel like I've done my job. :)

CREAMY HOLIDAY POTATOES
From TWFD reader Michelle
If you are looking for a yummy potato recipe, we have one we use for holidays that is divine. Buy frozen, shredded hash brown potatoes, put a layer in a baking dish, sprinkle salt over the potatoes, continue layering potatoes and salt until dish is 3/4 full. Pour heavy cream over all until potatoes are not quite covered. Bake at about 300 degrees for several hours until done. They will be golden brown and a little crunchy on top but creamy and yummy under the crust. If you are using a dish the size of a 9 x 13 cake pan, you will use about 3 cups of cream.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm making Ina Garten's Cocount Cake to take to the in-laws' for Easter Dinner. Hope it's yummy, it's the first time for me.

Happy Easter!