Saturday, March 1

Song of the Week: Sara Bareilles

The Song of the Week is Vegas by Sara Bareilles. I recently purchased her album Little Voice and have really enjoyed it, especially when I'm cooking and working. You may have heard Love Song - that's a good song too. In fact, I like the whole album. She has a great voice, plays some pretty cool chords on the piano and just writes some nice songs. It's funny, I had decided Vegas was going to be the Song of the Week, and then Nate told me that he didn't like that song very much. I started to doubt myself, but I've decided to stick to my guns. :) Bottom line - hopefully you'll like it too! And, I just want to say, I totally found her before she was on TV - I swear! Just have to prove I'm cool, which I think means I may not be so cool after all. Shoot.

2 comments:

Sam, Christen and Canaan said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog because I googled "dinner pregnant sick". I'm 12 weeks pregnant and so ready to be able to plan my week's meals again, much less cook them! Your blog came up because of your posts last year when you were pregnant. So this comment has nothing to do with your song of the week, sorry! My question is, what medicine were you on that helped you feel better? I know my husband, who's been the meal planner AND chef lately, would really appreciate anything that might help!

jane maynard said...

I was throwing up many times a day and used Zofran (actually I used the generic version Odansytron...or spelled something like that). It stopped me from throwing up - still nauseous a bit, but it seriously saved me. Don't know what I would have done without it. I have several friends who feel the same way. It's an anti-nausea medicine for chemo patients. It's safe for pregnancy. It's a miracle. :) It's super expensive, so I hope you have great insurance to cover it!!! :) Good luck and hang in there. I totally feel for ya.