Sunday, July 20

Breakfast!

We stayed at the Hilton Berlin. It was a great hotel in what is probably the nicest neighborhood in Berlin (think 5th Avenue in NYC). The room was nothing spectacular, but nice enough, and quite affordable as far as hotels go. I seriously loved staying there. The location was spectacular.

One of the best parts was the breakfast each morning. We couldn't get enough. So many choices, everything tasted great. Here's a quick tour around our breakfast each morning! :)

How about a little rührei (scrambled eggs), kartoffelrösti (hash browns), bouletten (meatballs), gebratene pilze (fried mushrooms) and kaiserschmarren (emperors' pancake) to start you off?


Ah, the kaiserschmarren. This stuff was awesome. Sort of like a dry bread pudding, but that makes it sound not-so-great, when it was actually fantastic. I need to find a recipe for sure.


They had a great bread spread, complete with, you guessed it, pretzels. We were certainly in Germany.


Cheese...


...fruit...(those wild berries in front were SOUR...but good)...


...and MEAT (yup, still in Germany).


This was my least favorite part of breakfast. Isn't the Hilton nice...they classify all the different foods into categories so the different breakfast "personalities" can quickly find the kind of food they want. 9 times out of 10 my food fell under the "Big Time" category. I already know I'm eating "bad" - I don't need some stupid card on my table to remind me!


Despite the card, breakfast really was fun and we miss it!

No comments: