Thursday, July 17

A German Supermarket

I think the most fun food adventure so far has been browsing the local supermarket. You really get a feel for the local food at the local market, that is for sure.

There were so many beautiful beans, grains, etc. I have no idea what any of them are, but they sure were fun to look at.


SO MUCH MEAT in a German market, but I think that goes without saying.


The mustards and jarred wursts were on the same aisle. Basically everywhere we turn we see mustards and wursts...the supermarket is no different!


Look at all that mustard! If I’d had any idea what that yummy sweet mustard was called that I ate the other day, I would have stocked up. Too bad I don’t speak German.


Okay, so we spotted this package of American hamburger buns. But they’re not just called hamburger buns, they’re called MEGA-burgers. We thought that was pretty funny.


The spice section (which of course I didn’t photograph) was of the most interest to me. I don’t know why the spices were so intriguing, they just were.

Loved the supermarket!

No comments: