Thursday, February 28

Featured Recipe: 60-Second Brussel Sprouts

Remember my friend Lindsay? Today I'm finally sharing one of her recipes with you! It's a simple recipe actually...but delicious!


Cate and I got to eat dinner at Lindsay & Aaron's house the other evening when Nate was working late (the PhD is ALMOST DONE!). Anyway, everything tasted awesome, as usual. Even these brussel sprouts! Who'd have thought? :) Seriously, I actually like brussel sprouts pretty well, and these are the best ones I've had. Aaron just talked trash about how they smelled...yeah, he doesn't like them. So, I've warned you - if you hate brussel sprouts, this recipe still may not be for you. But I thought it was yummy.

Click here to learn how to make 60-Second Brussel Sprouts. Lindsay was saying one of the reasons they are so good is because you don't have to cook them for very long, so they don't get that sulfur-y flavor. Plus, anything with butter is bound to be good. ;)

7 comments:

Diana said...

Believe it or not, I absolutely love brussel sprouts! Always have. Always will.

P.S. I was the only 7-year-old who never had a problem eating their veggies. Now milk...that's a whole 'nuther story.

San Diego Momma/Two Funny Brains said...

I love brussel sprouts, too.

But maybe my family will eat them with me if I cook them this way.

Thanks for posting!

Deb
sandiegomomma.com

cristina thornburg photography said...

I love Brussels sprouts! I only just tried them last year. My friend taught me to drizzle them with olive oil and just season them with salt and pepper and throw them in the oven for a bit until they are nice and dark/black! I like to remove the outer layer and eat them with butter. Mmmm...

I like reading your "foodie blog" and seeing your photographs.

We Are Not Martha said...

Oooh yay. I was just looking for a good way to cook brussel sprouts...and what to you know! I found one! thanks :)

Sues

KellyAnne said...

I've made these before. They are delicious! You have to be really careful not to cook them too long. It's a pain to cut them up but they taste great!

The Massey Family said...

I also love brussel sprouts...especially when they are roasted. I tried them for the first time when I was 24 and I fell in love. :)

jane maynard said...

I'm the same way...didn't have them until a few years ago myself and they ARE yum. :)