Tuesday, April 22

What girl doesn't need an ultra-chic hot pad?

I love my new apron & hot pads (or "warm" pads, according to Cate)! They are making my new kitchen very happy. And I love how I found them.


Right after we arrived in the Bay Area a few weeks ago, I saw a post on Decor8 that I couldn't resist...a home & lifestyle sample sale put on by Modern Economy at the Fort Mason Center in San Francisco. San Francisco? Cool designers? SALE? I'm there!


The sale was great! So many pretty things to behold...to buy...to resist buying. :) Among my spoils were the very cool hot pads from Deadly Squire, an apron I'd had my eye on from Rock, Scissor, Paper (visit their site - special Earth Day sale today!), and a perfect little calendar from Good on Paper.

I must do a plug for Modern Economy. They put on sample sales for participating designers periodically throughout the year. The goal: to support independent designers...and in turn give design-minded consumers a chance to decorate their life without breaking the bank. Very cool. Meg Mateo Ilasco, designer and author of Craft Inc.: Turn Your Creative Hobby into a Business, is the very talented founder and host for the Modern Economy sales. The next sale is in Portland, OR...with plans for Philly & NYC in the future! If you ever get a chance to attend, do!

5 comments:

Jessica H said...

Those are really cute items. I love the blue potholder. Sounds like I missed a great event that I probably could have spent way too much money at since everything looks so desirable! They coming to SLC anytime soon!?!?!? :) Thanks for keeping all us sheltered rural moms in the loop as to what is out there in the hip artsy mom world!

adrianne said...

So, so cute!

What did you buy for me? I don't remember reading about it.

jane maynard said...

I bought you one of everything...aren't I a good friend? ;)

Anonymous said...

love, love the apron jane. wish I could've gone with you...

Lindsay said...

with all the time i spend in the kitchen, i really need to turn in my drab forest green apron for something with a little style. i love all the stuff you got.