Wednesday, March 28

Healthy Eats: The World's Healthiest Foods

After all this chocolate-dipped strawberry talk (by the way, I received some as a gift yesterday...chocolate-covered strawberries are my destiny), I think it's time for a little healthy eats.


Check out The World's Healthiest Foods website - it's a great resource, and it's free! They provide nutritional info, recipes, menus and more. They also have compiled a list of the 130 healthiest foods and explain why those foods made the list, including a nutritional breakdown for each of item.

After reading an article in my yoga magazine, I've decided I need to start exploring the world of greens beyond spinach. I'll keep you posted on my progress! Feel free to share any healthy greens recipes (you know, swiss chard, kale, collards, etc).

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Have you read Superfoods? It's a book that talks about the 14 foods you should consume on a regular basis. I was really good about implementing it for awhile and now the only thing I'm really consistent about is the dark chocolate....

I'm excited to hear what you think about the other green veggies. I have recipes that call for escarole but I haven't been able to find it in my grocery store.

Mumsy said...

That spinach looks lovely. I have some waiting in my fridge right now for a salad.

I'd like some recipes for greens, too.

Thanks for that link.

Jessica said...

I have no suggestions, as I've been living in fear of greens other than spinach. I'll be following your adventure for some inspiration!

KopoticCrew said...

Hate to admit it... but I've been avoiding other kinds of greens. (I'm always hesitant about trying to cook with completely new food items. All that work may be in vain if you can't stand the taste.) I admire your casual bravery! You inspire me to do new cooking adverntures all the time!

jane maynard said...

I've looked over Superfoods... I need to read it in full! I promise to post some "green" recipes... I think I've found a few that look delicious!