Sunday, March 11

Week 7: Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! That means GREEN FOOD in the Maynard house, a tradition I've inherited from my mother-in-law, Pat. Of course, I can't go all green or all Irish for that matter... corned beef sandwiches with swiss cheese comprise the main dish (instead of corned beef hash). All of the supporting characters will be tinted with the traditional Irish color... green mashed potatoes? green jello? The possibilities are endless. Here's Cate 2 years ago... sorry it's not a picture of green food, but this picture should brighten anyone's St. Paddy's Day!

Song of the Week: "Heal Over" by KT Tunstall. You may be sick of her two songs that you hear all the time... but I have to say I quite like her album. "Heal Over" is near the end and I think it may be my favorite song on there. Definitely check it out. Speaking of which, you should really be checking out ALL of the songs of the week... they are all DANG GOOD and you're missing out if you aren't ;) plus you want to be as cool as me, right? Just kidding... but honestly, take a trip to iTunes or my store and check them out!

Keep a look out for more frequent posts! I'll be doing regular features from now on. If you have ideas or contributions for the features, feel free to email weeklydinners@gmail.com!

Homework assignment #1: Please post your menus! If you already are, you rule! If you aren't - share! Don't worry if it isn't fancy, either. It's all about sharing and stealing ideas. Homework assignment #2: Pass the blog on to others! Some of you are doing an AWESOME job at that and I thank you!!! :)

Erin go bragh!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Assignment #1:
Tuesday- Everday Food's Speedy Chili w/ corn muffins
Wednesday- Zucchini Pancakes, Buttermilk Smashed Potatoes, and Corn.
Thursday- Eggplant Ricotta Bake

Assignment #2:
I'll be adding a link to your great page from my food blog. Keep up the awesome work!

jane maynard said...

good job on your homework... A student! ;)